Thread: Birthday present for my wife? maybe not.

Birthday present for my wife? maybe not.

Called a local septic service yesterday to schedule the honeywagon for a pump out. The person I spoke to, let's call her Barb, took the particulars and then checked her schedule:

Barb: How about Wednesday the 30th?
    Me: Umm, that's my wife's birthday, maybe not a good choice. I can see it now: "Look what I got you for your birthday, honey!"
    Barb: Laughs and asks how long we've been married?
    Me: A long time, but not long enough to get away with that!
    Barb: Well surely at some point in your marriage she told you you were full of sh&t, you can tell her you are taking care of that for her birthday!
    Me: Laughing, too many times to count, but I still don't think it's a good idea...how about that friday?

Nice to talk to someone who accepts the reality of a job and has a sense of humor about it.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Nice to talk to someone who accepts the reality of a job and has a sense of humor about it.
    Great story.

I have been impressed many times with the self-aware and self-deprecating humor in many trades and occupations - and the value it has in getting folks through the workday. Those nurses at the hospital who have this ability - and nurses spend a lot of time dealing with sh**, p***, pus and cranky customers - are always the happiest and most satisfied. I'm not sure which comes first - the attitude, or the job satisfaction - but it's always refreshing.

Good nurses, BTW, are the soul of humanity - competent, caring, diligent, and almost always underappreciated. Genuine hero(ine)s.

Great story Paul, it brought my wife to tears. Thanks for posting.

#! in the #2 business!

Blog Entries
    I don't think anyone could get away with having that service done on a birthday or anniversary no matter how many years had gone by.

Many years ago, I was trying to find the company that made a rubber drain stopper to be used in a walk in bathtub our company made. The company name was Sexauer. I only had the company name and a city location, so I called the phone company information number. I asked if there was a listing for Sexauer. Her reply was no, but we sure could use one.

I did eventually find a number for the company.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 09-24-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Lee,

We used to make parts for those guys. J.A. Sexauer. It was always a running joke in the shop

I am sure my wife would tell me I am full of it if I tried that.
    Bill D.

I think you should play it safe and just buy her that new Veritas plane she has always wanted.

I told my wife that if she ever goes blind I will tell her her outfit matches and it is green, her favorite color. She was not impressed.
    Bil lD