Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop Space Renovation

Great work!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks! Realised I hadn't updated progress of this thread since I'd moved things back into the space. Still have a ways to go but it's more or less workable now. 180 sq ft is tough!

That's a really pleasant space!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Peter, that is nicely done. The only thing that would scare me about it is the trac-lites. I think I would walk in there looking to improve my batting average.

I've actually got dozens of heads and many feet of track salvaged from a particular trade show exhibit I'd done so no biggie if I break a few.

I've learned to work around them anyway.

Dust collector 2.0 and revised piping completed. Hoping this is the last time I need to re-arrange it though I might trade the HF blower out for a Grizzly one eventually. Non-replaceable motor on the HF unit is insanely inefficient.

Im late to the party, but this looks great! What a transformation.

Honestly, how is it working in this space? What combo machine is that? I ask, because i find myself experiencing peak levels of frustration with my 600-700sqft at times. It also happens that i work on large-ish projects often. For example, my last projects were a 8' x 42" dining table with two 2' extensions, and a 4' by 7' double door. Near the end of each project, it becomes so cramped to perform any machine operation, because you have a full size piece of furniture in the way.

Thanks! The combination machine is a MiniMax C26 Genius, liking it a lot so far as it saves a ton of space. The shop is 180 sq ft and working in it is certainly a challenge though I've been using an larger adjacent room to assemble entry doors, kitchen cabinets, hand rails and a bed I've made for this place. When the weather is nicer, I try to work outside on the somewhat level surface just beyond the entry door. My biggest issue with these kind of space constraints is having to constantly set up and break down whatever I'm working on to change gears but orces you to be vigilant about cleaning and organising everything. No way of storing any excess pieces of material in the shop space either so it's all in a covered space outside at the moment. Will be a huge help once I get a shed built in the side yard nearby.