Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning table saw blades

1. I use Simple Green. Let it soak overnight and wipe it off in the morning, works great and is pretty cheap.

I've been using dishwashing soap and water. I use a pan and put a small amount of water in it and add dishwashing soap. Let the blade soak for a while and then brush the blade off. So far, I've gotten clean blades.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I just use whatever the wifey uses at the kitchen sink for general cleaning. Also have used simple green. Seems to me any type of regular soap in water, let sawblade sit overnight and comes nice and clean. When dry, I use paste wax on it. I use a plastic tub, after the wife once found a sawblade soaking in her kitchen sink..... ha ha Randy
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

The last three posts tell us that patience is the answer.

I’ve been using CMT cleaner for years. Bought a gallon and just refill the spray bottle. I like a product that is nontoxic and biodegradable, and works well.

I use 409. Am I the only one? Spray on, wait a few minutes and brush it off.
    Patience is not one of my virtues....
    Sometimes I leave the blade on, spray with WD-40 and brush off when I do pine. That sap comes off with WD.

I also use CMT Blade & Bit Cleaner. I spray it on both sides of the blade, let it sit for 5 minutes, then wipe it off. Quick, easy, and no harmful solvents.

Wood Craft has it on sale, see https://www.woodcraft.com/products/f...eaner-18-ounce