Thread: benchtop planner

benchtop planner

at the moment I have the porter cable benchtop planner its the pc305tp,,i believe I need new rollers on it but I cant find them,,its really been a good planner,,i purchased it at lowes about 4 yrs ago,,i noticed they are not selling it anymore,,they have the craftsman which I have been told is the same as the porter cable,,,,i was wandering about others opinions on this planner,,,or would it be better to step up to a more expensive one,,my concern is being able to find parts for it,,,,any input would really be appreciated,,,

I would buy something and keep looking for parts.
    I bought a spare Delta 12.5 inch years ago and still using the old one.
    I thought there was a consumer law about having parts available for 7 years. Tools not included?
    Last edited by Bruce King; 09-20-2020 at 4:58 PM.

get a new one,,,,DW734 or DW735 are good choices,,,,,commas,,,

Blog Entries
    I have a DW-734 and it is a great machine.

have you looked at eReplacementParts.com ? Thats where I usually go looking for parts.

Blog Entries
    I have the Cutech benchtop planer. It has been good and trouble free. They have since changed their name to Wahuda, but it looks the same.

Blog Entries
    I ran a DW734 for years. Sold it to a pro shop because they liked the one they had better than their floor machines and wanted a second one to keep up with the workflow. It seems odd that rollers would wear out in only 4 years. Is the machine stored where it gets temperature extremes? Regardless, if the Craftsman is the same machine re-badged, parts should be available there. HOWEVER!!! Never let it be said that we were unwilling to talk someone into a new tool. ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by jeff oldham View Post
    at the moment I have the porter cable benchtop planner its the pc305tp,,i believe I need new rollers on it but I cant find them,,its really been a good planner,,i purchased it at lowes about 4 yrs ago,,i noticed they are not selling it anymore,,they have the craftsman which I have been told is the same as the porter cable,,,,i was wandering about others opinions on this planner,,,or would it be better to step up to a more expensive one,,my concern is being able to find parts for it,,,,any input would really be appreciated,,,
    Porter Cable? I thought those were Delta. If they're discontinued that must have happened recently so there should be replacement parts readily available.

Delta ShopMaster TP305

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I have a DW-734 and it is a great machine.
    +1 on this.