SBD has a long history of buying tool brands with high quality and a strong brand once they start to struggle financially. SBD quickly puts the premium brand on cheaply built tools. In the case of Porter Cable for example they keep some of the old tools around and try to cost reduce them but the real tragedy is how the slap the premium brand of crap catching buyers who are unaware. Some call this brand raping. It's amazing what has happened with tool prices in real dollars. Here are a couple examples. I started my tool buying addiction early. I saved and saved and bought a made in the USA high quality 1" stroke Craftsman jig saw in 1972. On sale half off it was like $79, 1972 dollars. According an inflation tool on the webs, 100 dollars in 1972 are equivalent to 626.11 dollars in 2020. So that $79 in 1972 is $494 today. A couple of years later I bought a 1/2" Black and Decker drill. They had three grades. this was the top grade and I paid like $90 for it. I've only replaced the cord, once, and it's still a great drill 45 years later. I also bought a Stanley router for similar money. Made in china has enabled us to get a lot more for our money but we have to be careful as much is super cheaply made.