Thread: Anyone use these vibration isolation pads?

Anyone use these vibration isolation pads?

Are you suppose to screw these to the feet of the compressor?

https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tool...utm_medium=Air Tools %2B Compressors > Air Compressor Parts %2B Maintenance&utm_campaign=Klutch&utm_content=49494& gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8oK32Mr26wIViIbACh10MAhNEAQYASAB EgL9kvD_BwE

I don't see any pre drilled holes or anything. Right now I keep the compressor on one of those gym workout pads, but it almost compresses it all the way down.

If you bolt through those pads, you will loose the vibration dampening. I have similar type of machinery isolation pads under my Oneway 2436.

i drilled thru the pads into the concrete floor and secured with anchors.

I stopped by the side of the highway and picked up two big rig retreads. I made sure they had no steel belts and they are about the same thickness. Tipped my compressor and put them under the feet. I do not see any crush but the compressor no longer rocks on start up or shutdown. I really should chain it to the wall, loosely, so it can not fall in a quake.
    Bil lD

I have/had* those under my Atlas-Copco rotary. Just set the feet on them, and it never moved. Never ran it without them. So I have no clue whether they actually do anything.

*its tucked away in a warehouse now.

Those are standard fare for vibration isolation.
    They work wrll

Blog Entries
    Yep. I drilled them and used redheads to secure it to the floor. I didn't tighten the nuts fully, just enough to keep it from moving around or tipping. 60 gallon 3.9 hp Kobalt.
    NOW you tell me...

Do those actually do anything to a compressor that's sitting on a concrete floor?

Mine's in a closet with soundproofing to boot.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I have my compressor mounted about 10' up in the air in the corner of my garage to save on floor space. I did the tire trick but I put rubber under and on top of the feet with a large thick washer on top of the rubber. I have a piece of pipe cut that fits into the hole on each leg that the blot passes through. The bolts are tightened to the pipe and only partially squeeze the rubber. I don't know if it's needed but I've never had a problem and I do think it cuts down on the vibrations.