Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Napping

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    As age moves forward, I am becoming a big fan of afternoon naps.... Does anyone else nap?
    Ever since I retired I can nap for three or four hours at a time, totally at random. I try to avoid driving or operating machinery when this happens. Knock on wood.

This thread is bring back all sorts of memories. In my former life as a manager with Petco, I was on a team who went around and set up stores in Northern California during the dot-com boom. After the building was cleared for occupancy, we would go in there, set up the steel, do the merchandising, etc. 10-12 hour days standing on a concrete floor. I remember arranging 40 lb. bags of dog food into mattress for post-lunch cat naps. We all had our little tricks. There was usually some spare room that was the catch-all for supplies or whatever. Unlike the general store lighting, which was all controlled via network from corporate, these small rooms had their own on/off switch for lighting, which meant you could make them dark. Those were favorite places. Someone would just disappear for half an hour and everyone sort of knew they were taking a power nap. Fun times.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep