Thread: ryobi tools color change: What year did it happen

ryobi tools color change: What year did it happen

When did Ryobi change the color on their power tools from Blue to that lime green, or whatever it is called?

Just a guess, I bought a blue light duty drill driver closeout about around 2010 - 2011 and the green stuff was out soon after.

Blog Entries
    My first set of Ryobi tools was from my in-laws and it was around 10-12 years ago. I was very happy with the price/performance point of the tools and stuck with it. Then Ryobi stuck with the battery/tool combo which kept me hooked as they improved their "quality". Now I have quite a lot of the green tools with 1 or 2 blue tools.
    I checked with my wife as to when that was and she agreed with the time range.
    So I'd agree with Donald, it was probably 2010 or shortly after.
    BTW - my couple of blue tools still run great! And I don't recall throwing any away because they didn't work - I just like the new models better and passed some of the blue tools to others.
    Last edited by Eric Arnsdorff; 09-17-2020 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Typo

In mid 2011, I bought a Ryobi 18v caulking gun and a flashlight. The caulking gun was blue and the flashlight was green. As I recall there was a mix of old and new colors at my local store.
    Dick Mahany.