Thread: The Anarchist's Workbench book

The Anarchist's Workbench book

I know many have built the workbench by Christopher Schwarz. He has written a new book The Anarchist's Workbench. A good read for sure.
    What is different about this book, and want to pass along ,is you can buy a hard copy of this book, but a PDF copy of the book is available for free over at the lost art press.
    I would post a link but not sure if allowed here. But you should have no problem finding it.

I have yet to build one. Living in Cincinnati (Home of Popular Woodworking Magazine) I have got to see the original one built by Schwarz and talk to him. On my short list of projects for sure.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

This was a great read. Great that you got to meet him. Building one is on my bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Fenneuff View Post
    This was a great read. Great that you got to meet him. Building one is on my bucket list.

Here are some photos

Christopher Schwarz bench.jpgtool chest.jpg
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Thanks for posting this. I downloaded to PDF and have skipped through it. It's not just a book about building a workbench. It's a going to be a good book to read with much to learn from. I will be ordering the printed book as well. I am old school, and actually enjoy the experience of reading books.

Chris Schwartz has several books available at lost art press. I'm currently reading his book on hand planes.

It was a very nice gesture to make this book free.

The other authors at Lost Art Press are worth a look too.