Thread: Unknown Bandsaw Precision Concepts

Unknown Bandsaw Precision Concepts

I just picked up a 24" bandsaw at auction and cannot find any info on the company. There is a tag that says "Precision Concepts Corporation" on the upper door. Other than that there are a few components with Italian wording on them. looking for a manual. Any ideas?

Precision Concepts doesn't sound like a bandsaw manufacturer, or like an importer/distributor of bandsaws. I'd guess it was a user of that bandsaw. So it is a red herring as you try to identify the saw and its maker.

Can you post a pic of the saw? Somebody might recognize it.

http://www.alpinemachinery.com/conline/mis-1262.htm

Here is another one, looks like they use them to cut piles of cardboard.
    Probably supplied by a company that supplies the machinery for making boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dussack View Post
    I just picked up a 24" bandsaw at auction and cannot find any info on the company. There is a tag that says "Precision Concepts Corporation" on the upper door. Other than that there are a few components with Italian wording on them. looking for a manual. Any ideas?
    Here are some pics of the saw
    Attached Images Attached Images

The whole "Old Italian Bandsaw" scene is very muddy. A handful of companies OEM'ing out there machine to everyone else. That still happens today but the water is clearer now. OP, is there other ID on that machine aside from the dealer/distributor badge you mentioned? My gut says Sagittario. That design where the guidepost was outside the upper cabinet was their thing.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep