Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survey: Turning more during pandemic? Or less?

I volunteer at a low cost clinic and since the pandemic set in we have been closed. My wife for good reasons insists that I stay quarantined And as much as possible I do and now do teleconferencing with patients as my clinic contribution. But love the pandemic! ( I know that’s sick but being forced to stay home has been beneficial.) Learned how to cut up green logs and turn green bowls and dry them. Discovered I need a bigger bandsaw! Amazing right? And now am learning how to turn The dried bowls etc.
    But also got the shop cleaned and a couple of boxes of excess stuff to sell or exchange with other woodworkers in the future. Did a complete master bath remodel and update. And had the outside of the house repainted. Hope my sweet wife does not come t believe this is the new normal!

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.
    I've slowed somewhat, but still crank out a large project once a week for the pure joy of it. I can't have the normal flow of woodturning students through my shop, of course. I guess the good news is since I have limited ability to teach, I've been forced to work on my video skills. I can't wait to the past this.

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Well, for me, the only show I do any more was cancelled this year. So, I am finally getting around to trying to set up my new shop. Some thing I have kind of put off for the last 2 years....

Russell, you are a Groucho Marks fan... He had a lot of words of wisdom.... Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

robo hippy