Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oscillating Multi-tools: What do you have? What's good? What's bad?

Quote Originally Posted by kent wardecke View Post
    I noticed 2 members recommended imperial blades as an economical choice
    At $7-10 each they are 5x no name blades. Are they that much better? Do they last long enough to be worth the extra $$$
    I’ve tried them all at some point and have found that Bosch’s blades currently offer the best value for price / cut / longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by kent wardecke View Post
    I noticed 2 members recommended imperial blades as an economical choice
    At $7-10 each they are 5x no name blades. Are they that much better? Do they last long enough to be worth the extra $$$
    I use the imperial blades; they are a little cheaper if you buy the multi-packs. I did buy a pack of no-names from the big A just to try. I doubt the imperials are 5x life if you are just cutting softwood. In harder or more abrasive materials, like MDF or drywall, the difference is more noticeable. As I mentioned earlier, the best thing you can do to extend life is to get the dust out of the cut and not let the blades get too hot. I was cutting some rectangular floor register openings out of some new flooring today, and I alternated between two blades. When one got hot, I swapped for the other. That worked pretty well. On the dewalt it takes a second or two to swap blades, so no real penalty for doing that. I could have used a different tool, but wanted to avoid generating a cloud of dust in a finished space, so the multi-tool got the nod.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Thanks for that, Steve. I mentioned Milwaukee as the alternate as I have pretty much gone m12 & 18 on my cordless tools. Once I said that I figured I'd go check it out and the reviews on that tool are abysmal. Hopefully the Fein will last.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frederick View Post
    Thanks for that, Steve. I mentioned Milwaukee as the alternate as I have pretty much gone m12 & 18 on my cordless tools. Once I said that I figured I'd go check it out and the reviews on that tool are abysmal. Hopefully the Fein will last.
    I'm surprised that Milwaukee hasn't updated this. They are pretty good at updating tools as needed, I think this one needs it.