Thread: Grizzly G0513X2 Coming Today

Grizzly G0513X2 Coming Today

I am totally stoked! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Albeit a 60-year-old kid.

Congradulations,hope you enjoy it for a long time.

Congrats, hope you enjoy it for a long time
    Ron

Blog Entries
    I bought the 'tweener' G0513X used back in 2007. Dad bought the G0513X2 (same saw with cast iron trunnions) shortly after. I use mine way more than dad uses his and have been very happy. I spent a Saturday morning setting the wheels co-planer and aligning the table/miter slot to the blade path. I also added a link belt but, just because I happen to have some handy. I also swapped the guide bearings for double-shielded once they were due. The thing is spooky quiet. It never does anything but work. I smile every time I turn it on.

May as well get this out of the way. I modified the dust collection by blocking off the lower port with a sheet magnet. I built a simple wooden box to surround the lower guides on three sides that stays in place with magnets.

G0513X-DC-Add 006.jpg . G0513X-DC-Add 003.jpg . G0513X-DC-Add 004.jpg

I added a bit of plywood to isolate the lower cabinet port similar to how some higher end saw come standard.

G0513X-DC-mod 002.jpg

With these mods I get about this much dust in the lower cabinet after months of use.

G0513X-DC-mod 001.jpg . G0513X-DC-Add 005.jpg

Well worth the couple hours it took to figure out and build. I'm planning to modify the 'below the table box' to take a 4" hose next time around. I'll post when I do.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 09-16-2020 at 4:20 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    G0513X-DC-mod 001.jpg . G0513X-DC-Add 005.jpg

Well worth the couple hours it took to figure out and build. I'm planning to modify the 'below the table box' to take a 4" hose next time around. I'll post when I do.
    I knew Cisco made routers, I didn't know they made Band Saws

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    True dat! And removing that sticker would be my first step in cleaning it up. LOL (They were my competitor for many years)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

You should like the bandsaw. I just bought the Grizzly G0513X2BF 17" in June. It has the electric brake. Its been great so far. I ran the 20amp circuit for it and added a 20ft 14/3 SOOW rubber power cord. I bought the Grizzly T28000 mobile base to be able to move it around. I liked the base so much I bought a second one for my drill press. I ordered a 1/2" Timberwolf blade with it as I read the blade that comes with isn't very good. I have a 1" blade ordered but its on back order. My brother was out the day after I had it running to use it. I asked Grizzly about accessories for the miter gauge but they said they had none. Looks like its made for accessories such as hold down clamps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post

Cisco came up with this idea to mount their small switches via a magnet. This worked out well at the University but, a lot of locations had to be rack mounted. We had hundreds of these magnets stacked in a closet. I'm sorry I only ended up with a couple of dozen. They are great for covering ports, acting as anti-rattle devices on machine cabinets (don't worry Jim, I put them on the inside ), and work as magnetic coasters for my coffee cup.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 09-17-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks for the encouraging words! I will hopefully have the time this evening to get it set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Byrd View Post
    I am totally stoked! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Albeit a 60-year-old kid.
    You're getting a bear cub?

I had to look it up, it's actually a band saw.

Band saws are really important in my shop, hope you like yours.........Rod.

I have had the 513X2 for about a year and a half. It was setup using Alex Snodgrees method. Have never had any issues With it.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

I just got it uncrated last evening. I intend to its the Snodgrass method, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Hussey View Post
    I have had the 513X2 for about a year and a half. It was setup using Alex Snodgrees method. Have never had any issues With it.