Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outfitting a Delta Shaper

Everyone's convinced me to go with a euroblock and the profiles I need, rather than cobbling together more carbide cutters to make my profiles. I paid $230 for the machine and feeder and $1 each for the 3/4" cutters, so my "starter set" didn't set me back too much. My luxury purchase will be new wheels for the feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stelts View Post
    Everyone's convinced me to go with a euroblock and the profiles I need, rather than cobbling together more carbide cutters to make my profiles. I paid $230 for the machine and feeder and $1 each for the 3/4" cutters, so my "starter set" didn't set me back too much. My luxury purchase will be new wheels for the feeder.
    I forgot to mention that I have also had a few great experiences with Western Roller and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

$230.00 for a working shaper and power feeder! That's a great deal.
    Here is a link for spindles and rebuilt cartridges for your machine.
    https://www.ae-tool.com/
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Does anyone know what hardness wheels to buy? I can figure out the multitude of other questions from Western Roller; hopefully, correctly.

Mike: My browser doesn’t like the spindle link-security risk.

Does anyone know what hardness wheels to buy? I can figure out the multitude of other questions from Western Roller; hopefully, correctly.

Mike: My browser doesn’t like the spindle link-security risk.

My browser doesn't like it either. Yellow is what they suggest for solid wood and mine haven't let me down yet.

I have yellow wheels from Western on two feeders and no issues.

Tell western the scope of your work and they will tell you the best wheels.