Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Input for Flooring for Shop

Good, supportive footwear is always a plus, but yes, surface matters when standing for long periods of time. My shoes are comfortable and I have most of my shop floor covered with anti-fatigue mats which helps a lot. But I'd love to have a wood/wood-product floor to make things even more comfortable.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Charo View Post
    Thanks for the input....I think I'm going to go with 3/4 tongue/groove plywood, one-side sanded. Seems the most practical. I'll stain it so it looks a little bit more finished...and then maybe a coat of poly over that, or not. It is, after all, a shop. Thanks again!
    3/4" T&G unfinished over sleepers is what I did 27 years ago and have had absolutely no delamination or any other detrimental results. Floor is comfortable and it doesn't matter when a little epoxy or beer spills on it. I did exert extra effort to make sure it was dead level as I need to have my toys and shop cabinets as coplanar as possible to maximize space and efficiency.

I have 3/4 OSB over 3/4 rigid foamular 250, on top of a concrete floor. I don't move machines often, but some of them are quite heavy: Felder K700S pro and Moak 26" band saw for two. It's worked well. I thought about a prettier floor, but find I never actually look at it. Not that it is alway that clean anyway.

Terry T.

Did you use any kind of sleeper?...or just lay it over the foam? Glue in the T&G joints?