Thread: Planer Blade setting Gauge or Jig?

Planer Blade setting Gauge or Jig?

I have a MiniMax FS41e. I'm getting it all calibrated, and should have all the tools except a device to make sure the blades are at the right height and level.I have the tersa head.

There's a several options out there. Some are magnetic. You can get bars and gauges. Some are two pieces some are one.

This will be my first time setting this "USED" machine up, so I've done some research on the subject. There's differing opinions. So I'm here to get some more.

James. You do not need a jig to set knives in a Tersa head,that is the beauty of it. They "self set " by centrifugal force when you turn the machine on. I do not own a machine with Tersa but would sure like to. I am sure someone who owns one will chime in here shortly and describe how to do it .

3. To echo what Mike said, there is no setting of the blades required with the Tersa system. Here is an <1 minute video showing a full knife change of a Tersa head which can hopefully make the process more clear. Many users simply use a small block of wood in lieu of the red polykey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsnK...ture=emb_title

Hope this helps!