Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where do you store your nail guns?

where do you store your nail guns?

I have 5 or 6 nail guns of various types. Framing nailer, finishing, brad, pin, stapler. etc. I was going to stick them in a drawer of the tool box, but they take up some space. I was thinking about just putting them on a peg board.

They are awkward shaped things. The smaller ones can sit on a shelf like books, sort of. Big framers don't, mine are usually laying someplace inconvenient around a jobsite. Bags suck, boxes are to bulky, rafter hooks at least allow them to be hung. Good luck, let me know if you find a good system.

My smaller guns (pin, brad, and finishing) are hung and they live near my cordless drill and impact driver for quick access. My larger nailers (framing and coil) live in their factory storage cases on a shelf along with some other less frequently used items (SDS hammer drill and sawzall) , as I don’t use those in the shop very often (like almost never).
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Ive always been the type to keep tools in their original plastic storage cases on a shelf, but I'm looking to move more stuff into a drawer of the tool box because when all your tools are the same brand you can't tell which is which. Lol

I store mine in a drawer.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I store mine, in their original plastic cases, under my workbench.

Blog Entries
    Framing nailer is in its plastic case.

Smaller nailers fit into slots cut into a pine shelf similar to how many store their cordless drill/driver. Works really nicely, easy to grab when needed.
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

I have a framer, a palm, and two brad guns. Where they're supposed to be stored: in the big bottom cabinet of my rolling toolbox where they all fit and I can keep it locked to prevent theft and unauthorized use. Where they actually get stored: all over the place, the reason why I have 2 brad guns is I can only ever find 1. As recently as this weekend went to blow some sawdust out of a rabbet and ended up shooting a brad in it. Shoulda put down the beer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Conner View Post
    I have 5 or 6 nail guns of various types. Framing nailer, finishing, brad, pin, stapler. etc. I was going to stick them in a drawer of the tool box, but they take up some space. I was thinking about just putting them on a peg board.
    I bought a large roll-around tool bax with deep drawers mostly for a place to store pneumatic tools. I store the framing guns, nailers, pin nailers, and various staplers (plus the nails and staplers they use) in the drawers along with impact drivers, die grinders and other pneumatic tools. I also keep spare fittings, air tool oil, spare hoses and pigtails, impact sockets, and other stuff associated with air tools in the same tool box so everything will be in the same space. Since these tool boxes come with a number of smaller draws in the top cabinet that's a good place for storing other smaller specialty tools.

Paslode Framing & Finish Nailers are in their cases in a lower cabinet along with a Stapler, Sabre Saw, MultiTool and Right Angle Drill. My 18 Gauge Nailer and Pin Nailer sit in slots on top of a cabinet behind my workbench as I use them frequently.

Wherever you store them, it's a good idea to cap the inlets to keep insects out. After finding that out the hard way, I bought some vinyl caps off of ebay, and now there is never a problem.

Blog Entries
    Framer, finish, brad, pin and staple guns are all in a row on pegboard. I got a bunch of little caps for the air connection so all are sealed.

I keep mine in drawer,try to be organized about it but failed. I have couple framers also that I keep in cabinet shelf.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I do the same. It works in a humid climate,

Tom that's the main reason I don't loan my nail guns out. For whatever reason everybody likes to rip the caps off and that drives me crazy. Whenever I disconnect the tool from the hose, the cap goes back on.