Thread: Ls900

Ls900

Hello all,

I think my Dongle is gone bad computer will not recognize it any more.

I have read both I can and cant switch to coreldraw.
    If I can could use some help willing to pay for time.
    If i run into problems along the way

If USB, does it light up? You may be able to get it replaced. Try it on another computer to assure it's not the unit.

Nick,

No does not light up and been trying to get Tech support to ressolve this.

could be a driver issue, it won't light unless the driver tells it to, this is regardless if Gravostyle is running or not.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Check another computer, if it still won't light up, you need a new dongle. Email tech support with the dongle number, 6 digit, printed on dongle and they should be able to set you up with a new one. Email: askservice.us@gravotech.com. Let me know if you don't hear something in a couple days or so.

Sorry Nick, but they won't light up when plugged into a computer without a GS driver loaded. At least my 4 dongles don't!

What they DO do is set off the sound for the "hardware plugged in" notification. On my XP without a driver, the 'new hardware found wizard' opens. On my Win7's it just makes the sound it makes when anything USB is plugged in. So the USB ports know it's there...

Problem is, I'm not sure if a bad dongle would set off the sound or not? If totally gone I would think the USB port wouldn't even know it's there- but not sure...

I've had many USB ports and cords go bad over the years.

Try a different USB port on the host computer?

The best free and reasonably fail-safe troubleshooting trick I can think of, load GS onto another computer, and see what happens when it gets past the driver-loading stage...

If dongle doesn't work, it's bad--
    If dongle does work, other computer is bad...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle