Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power down on my 80w Rabbit.

Power down on my 80w Rabbit.

Tried to engrave a stainless tumbler and it let me know something is wrong. I dont use this laser very much. Had Raymond install it back in 2013.

Anyway the mirrors are shot. Would show you a pic but not allowed. I have 3 new ones on the way.

I also think the tube itself is weak. Can I post a link to youtube of it firing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su8DSZQHLSc

Thanks
    Rabbit RL-80-9060
    Roland SP-540i
    Graphtec ce5000-60
    Graphtec fc7000-100
    Happy HDC2-1501
    Juki 1541s

Let me ask this. Is there supposed to be any difference in the power output from engraving and cutting? Seems I have plenty of cut power, but engraving is pitiful.
    Rabbit RL-80-9060
    Roland SP-540i
    Graphtec ce5000-60
    Graphtec fc7000-100
    Happy HDC2-1501
    Juki 1541s

what setting are you using for engraving
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Watson View Post
    Let me ask this. Is there supposed to be any difference in the power output from engraving and cutting? Seems I have plenty of cut power, but engraving is pitiful.
    Sounds like a question to Ray at Rabbit Laser USA. If you have been using it for years at the same settings and now its not working sounds like dirty or cracked mirrors or lens. Unless your tube is failing but Ray will have answers.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Yea I don't get it , if your cutting power is fine you'd think engraving would be too., Let us know what Ray says.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I know the OP replied as I got an email with his reply but I don't see it here on the forum. why is that I wonder, did he remove his reply????
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hi Bert,

Yea, I have been doing a lot of checking of the machine and determined I need a new tube. Anyway I have 3 new mirrors, a 80w GSI tube, a panel amp meter on their way and of all things the temp controller T-503 on my CW5000 has to be replaced.

So, now that I am retired I should be able to use the laser more. It has really been sitting for the last 7 years.
    Rabbit RL-80-9060
    Roland SP-540i
    Graphtec ce5000-60
    Graphtec fc7000-100
    Happy HDC2-1501
    Juki 1541s

Sitting completely idol is not good they need to work a little each month,tube will last longer that way.
    Hi Bert,

Yea, I have been doing a lot of checking of the machine and determined I need a new tube. Anyway I have 3 new mirrors, a 80w GSI tube, a panel amp meter on their way and of all things the temp controller T-503 on my CW5000 has to be replaced.

So, now that I am retired I should be able to use the laser more. It has really been sitting for the last 7 years.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I did not know that. Well once I get it back together I believe the amp meter is something that should come stock on these lasers.
    Rabbit RL-80-9060
    Roland SP-540i
    Graphtec ce5000-60
    Graphtec fc7000-100
    Happy HDC2-1501
    Juki 1541s

I actually bought one years ago but never installed it. I've never run my laser over 85% power and mostly at 75% it going on 6 years now, knock wood.If need be I'd run a second cut pass, but that is seldom needed. I'm not in businees so time and speed aren't a big factor.
    I did not know that. Well once I get it back together I believe the amp meter is something that should come stock on these lasers.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I lot of people use a percentage for power settings. Lasercut is gauged by power. How should I adjust? I guess Lasercut 100 power would be 100%?

My mirrors came today. My T-503 is coming tomorrow. The tube should get here Monday. Cant wait to engrave that tumbler.
    Rabbit RL-80-9060
    Roland SP-540i
    Graphtec ce5000-60
    Graphtec fc7000-100
    Happy HDC2-1501
    Juki 1541s

glass lasers are capable of much higher than rated wattages- assuming honesty from the seller. The problem lies with the 'safe' maximum of mA's being fed to the laser. 'Safe' meaning 'for the laser', life expectancy drops dramatically when run hot. I've not found any hard 'n fast rules but based on what I've read here over the years, 50-60 watt tubes should be run no higher than 25-26mA, 80-100w tubes 26-28mA, 110-130w 28-30mA.

My Triumph 80w will be 7 years old next month. I don't use it a ton, but when cutting I've never gone beyond 27mA, and I get that @ 72% power as entered in the program. Most Chinese lasers seem to run this way, so it's important NOT to run at 100% without a mA meter. I still use the same settings as from day one, the power hasn't dropped a bit that I can tell
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Yes 100 power would be 100% I use mostly 75% power 85 if I'm cutting 1/4 inch BB but I seldom cut that
    I lot of people use a percentage for power settings. Lasercut is gauged by power. How should I adjust? I guess Lasercut 100 power would be 100%?

My mirrors came today. My T-503 is coming tomorrow. The tube should get here Monday. Cant wait to engrave that tumbler.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Without a mA meter as Kev says you do not know.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Just got over worrying about my chiller, the new temp controller is working. Now the part I dread, the programing it.

My mA meter is due any minute, so I will install it today and I got my mirrors.
    Rabbit RL-80-9060
    Roland SP-540i
    Graphtec ce5000-60
    Graphtec fc7000-100
    Happy HDC2-1501
    Juki 1541s