Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That took commitment, and had to hurt.

Blog Entries

That took commitment, and had to hurt.

Woman cuts off her hand to claim insurance. Left the hand behind, went to hospital. They went and retrieved the hand and sewed it back on. This also answers the recent post, can you sew digits back on? Apparently you can sew a whole hand back on.

she is now facing jail time, but she won’t be very handy in the work detail. Nyuck nyuck nyuck

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54125770

Blog Entries
    Oops- meant to post in off topic. This was done before my morning coffee. That’s my excuse.

Have to hand it to you to own up to your mistake.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I think both of ya'll are funny,always need good laugh.

You just gotta wonder how the boyfriend - not 'husband', mind you - talked her into being the one to give up a hand. Think they have tequila in eastern europe?

I mean, picture it: "Here's a saw Julia. Cut off your hand. We'll get rich. I'll love you forever, honest baby."

Like Bill Engvall says, "Here's your sign"!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    You just gotta wonder how the boyfriend - not 'husband', mind you - talked her into being the one to give up a hand. Think they have tequila in eastern europe?

I mean, picture it: "Here's a saw Julia. Cut off your hand. We'll get rich. I'll love you forever, honest baby."

I was wondering what kind of guy would be able to do such a thing. Cutting off a hand is quite messy. I know- I've cut just the tip of a thumb off before! :-) * It was my own thumb, by the way. He must have really had to hold her steady. Note that although the article has a picture of a circular saw, which I am sure is a stock photo, it doesn't say what kind of saw they used. Maybe he is a neanderthal woodworker. Perhaps a Diston D7. I would hope filed for crosscut and well-sharpened.

Blog Entries
    There is just a horrible story behind this horrible story. And I bet the hand amputation was not her idea & there was some terrible coercion that made here do it. I only hope the truly guilty party is found out & gets appropriate punishment.

That is really sick. In Africa the gangs would cut off the hands of people who were working a diamond area because the gangs claimed exclusive right to do that. They did it with a machete.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    There is just a horrible story behind this horrible story. And I bet the hand amputation was not her idea & there was some terrible coercion that made here do it. I only hope the truly guilty party is found out & gets appropriate punishment.
    I didn’t consider that. That’s really bad.

This happened in Slovenia, last year.

Lots of jail time, handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    That is really sick. In Africa the gangs would cut off the hands of people who were working a diamond area because the gangs claimed exclusive right to do that. They did it with a machete.

Mike
    This was a deliberate insurance scam.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    This was a deliberate insurance scam.
    I'd bet my last dollar that this was not here idea & she was not the deliberate one..

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post

Sounds like the guy selling his tools several years back to pay for breast enlargement for his girl friend. Most posters said "Get a new girl friend, and keep your tools." Girl friends are like buses, another one will be by in about fifteen minutes.

Well I hadnt considered that, Frank. My "joke" isnt funny at all in that light.
    Mods, you'd be doing me a favor to delete my post and any place it's quoted here.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I have accidental death and dismemberment insurance through work that pays up to $250,000. It pays $250,000 for accidental death, but I believe it is also a $250,000 payout for loss of finger. Maybe it has to be the whole hand for full payout. I haven't read it in a long time. I would rather keep my finger or hand. The death payout only helps my estate since I have no wife or partner and no kids.