Quote Originally Posted by Phil Mueller View Post
Nice, Ken. It definitely appears to have opened up some floor space and with multiple benches, I don’t think you’ll miss working both sides of the bench that is now against the wall. I noticed the shave horse. I always struggle with certain things that just aren’t used that often (although very glad I have it when needed) but take up enough space to be bothersome, or always needing to be moved out of the way.

Look forward to your thoughts once you work in it.

Also, and please take this as only a fellow SMC’er concern for you; you may want to evaluate your cord management and load levels. My store was recently inspected by the fire marshall, and he pointed out a number of corrections as it comes to load levels on power strips, what should and shouldn’t be plugged into a power strip, knowing the capacity of a power strip and how many amps are plugged into it, etc. I’m not suggesting you’re at risk anywhere, just that I’ve become much more aware now about how I load up circuits and outlets.
Phil,

I know if I had a fire marshal visit my next project would be "pulling wire". In my defense while there are lots of connections usually only one or two are in use at any time. I made a major mistake when I first did the shop, while I have enough power at the service center, I didn't put in enough outlets. Thanks for the concern.

I am surprised at how much room it opened up. One of my next projects, after MsBubba's trash can, is a knock-down shave horse so it can work much like one of the portable work benches and be stacked in a corner when not needed. In addition to the shave horse are two more space saving projects. The first is to bite the bullet and sell/give away the table saw and the other is to change the dust collection system, most likely to a Laguna based system.

ken