Thread: Woodpeckers Porter Cable Oscillating Sander Mounting Plate

Woodpeckers Porter Cable Oscillating Sander Mounting Plate

If this post doesn't belong here, please accept my apologies in advance...

I have been wanting a Woodpeckers mounting plate for a porter cable oscillating sander. That way my router table can pull double duty.

Unfortunately, Woodpeckers has dropped the product. They are willing to do a production run of 20 units and I don't need 20.

I'm writing to ask that if anyone here is in need of a plate or planned to buy a plate, this is a good time to buy one. If you're interested, please contact me.

My interest in this mfgr is because I already have a PRL, and want to use the router table for double duty. Let'er route as well as sand.

Thanks
    Joe in Valrico

Bench Dog made one of those plates a while back, you might give them a try.

Joe, I have one I will be willing to sell to you.

Richard

Richard,

Tks... I dropped you a PM.

Joe in Valrico

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Scarfo
    If this post doesn't belong here, please accept my apologies in advance...

I have been wanting a Woodpeckers mounting plate for a porter cable oscillating sander. That way my router table can pull double duty.

Unfortunately, Woodpeckers has dropped the product. They are willing to do a production run of 20 units and I don't need 20.

I'm writing to ask that if anyone here is in need of a plate or planned to buy a plate, this is a good time to buy one. If you're interested, please contact me.

My interest in this mfgr is because I already have a PRL, and want to use the router table for double duty. Let'er route as well as sand.

Thanks
    Joe in Valrico

Wow! I just got one after Christmas as I got a PC sander from my Wife. Not surprised they stopped, I'm sure not many of those sanders are sold.

Pete

Seems to me, when I bought a Bench Dog plate for my PC133, I was told they had been discontinued.

Blog Entries
    Joe,

Will they sell you a blank plate and you can make your own? Think of aluminum as a very hard wood and it isn't so intimitating to drill and use a hole saw to cut larger holes.

I have one for sale, Joe didn't want it. $80.00, shipping included.

Richard

Rockler has one too. $40.49

http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?page=5749

Last edited by Jim Fancher; 05-03-2005 at 5:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fancher
    Rockler has one too. $40.49
    Ahh, but is it the same size as the Woodpecker insert?

I would think that it wouldn't bee too tough to make one.

Let me redeme myself here, I'm sure that The insert from woodpecker was $79.95. It comes with two of their insert rings, a insert ring removal tool and a starting pin.
    It may be possible to make your own, but on the woodpecker version the underside is hollowed out for some reason, I would assume to asure a flat fit. It works well, but I replaced it with a floor model Grizzly OSS. I'm really not that interested in selling it, only if someone needed it and it is no longer availible.

Richard

Woodpeckers mounting plate for Porter Cable 121

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf View Post
    Let me redeme myself here, I'm sure that The insert from woodpecker was $79.95. It comes with two of their insert rings, a insert ring removal tool and a starting pin.
    It may be possible to make your own, but on the woodpecker version the underside is hollowed out for some reason, I would assume to asure a flat fit. It works well, but I replaced it with a floor model Grizzly OSS. I'm really not that interested in selling it, only if someone needed it and it is no longer availible.

Richard
    I recognize this is a 15 year old post. I am nearing retirement and have slowly been accumulating unique (meaning no longer in production) tools through various sources. I recently purchased a like new Porter Cable 121, and having a Woodpeckers router table would love to find an insert for my “new” sander.
    If this is somehow still available Richard, or if someone else knows where I might find one, I would be thrilled to be able to end my search, as Woodpeckers was not able to help.

Thanks in advance,

Dan Barlow

I just drilled new mounting holes in old Woodhaven router insert. The insert came with different sized inserts, so I just use the closest size.

Porter Cable Spindle Sander 1.jpgPorter Cable Spindle Sander 2.jpg