Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can a small building be moved somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott T Smith View Post
    I've moved several. The easiest way is to use a forklift with fork extensions (if needed). In my instance, I use a Cat backhoe with fork extensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    If you don’t have access to a big piece of machinery or 250 Amish, you can try this method...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0P4HwmmhykI
    about the 2 minute mark.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Conner View Post
    I bought a peice of property that has small building on it. Less than 200 sq ft and I'm curious can something like this be moved to a different part of the property? It's basically a wooden deck that is kind of like a hang out shack, but it also has electrical and plumbing. It's about 3ft above the ground on wooden posts that are probably 8x8.

Couldn't you dig out the posts, disconnect the electrical and plumbing, then have an excavator pick it up and move it?
    I agree that cutting off the posts would be a lot easier. Make a new foundation in the new location. A storage building mover with a roll- back trailer could move it easily.

I've moved buildings on skid by dragging with a tractor or bobcat. You can add temporary skids to the bottom of the posts. I did add temporary cross bracing as needed to one, a horse shelter on skids. I wrapped a cable entire around the bottom of the building for dragging.

I'm getting ready to move a 10x20' "portable" building, not on a foundation. I only have to move it about 20' so I'll add some skids to the bottom and roll it on steel pipes or round fence posts if it doesn't slide easily.