Thread: The Wood Whisperer Guild

Blog Entries

The Wood Whisperer Guild

Anyone here belong and if so what are your thoughts please?
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

I don’t know about the “guild” and the Facebook group etc, but I purchased a few video sets from Marc years ago. I think they are fantastic if you are just getting started! It turns a woodworking project into a Lego build. Stupid simple step by step instructions that make any build a relaxing and brain dead process. I did a few like 6-7 years ago and then recently I purchased the Darrel Peart GG nightstand. I’ll probably get the GG dresser too, just because Darrel is a skilled guy for that style and has a ton of tips for doing the details. For $40-$50 or whatever the price is, that’s worth it to learn from 30 years of doing the same style. Other than Darrel’s stuff, I haven’t followed any of the projects for the last 2-3 years. I hope he continues to seek out the experts in each particular style/piece and video them building/teaching. The videos are very detailed, good quality, and were worth the couple bucks I paid at the time. I also only ever purchased them when they were 50%+ off.

Marc is a really gifted communicator. I have some projecys from his guild and I look at it like an online apprenticeship. Great detail, Marc is very responsive, and I think I learned a lot.

I have Darrel's G&G project with Marc and it is great.