Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quieting sheetmetal machines

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Edwards View Post

What is CLD? Not a 3-letter acronym I’m familiar with
    constrained layer damper. Basically it's a viscoelastic sheet that's constrained on both sides. You see this very commonly used in automotive audio applications, since sheet metal rings.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    truck bed liner is also a good coating. tar based underseal, not in my shop!
    Bill D
    I don't know what it is, but cars use something similar to deaden road noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Edwards View Post
    Thanks Tom Bain!!!

So many times I've seen posts that the author must think all readers have an infinite knowledge of all acronyms. Not knowing what it is, I waste time going to Google and searching through pages of possible results.
    I would rather see the actual words followed by the acronym when used initially, and just the acronym further in that post, and subsequent posts.
    Just my two cents worth, and, maybe helping other readers.

Thanks, Ed

Tom Bain
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Ed/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG] Contributor

What is CLD? Not a 3-letter acronym I’m familiar with
    It’s funny because my Dad used to say in non-politically correct way “There are no stupid questions, just stupid people ... and the only way to not be stupid is to ask questions”.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry