Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jointer/Planer

If you do decide to get the Hammer, I recommend the (mechanical) digital handwheel readout accessory, available in metric or imperial graduations. It is a great convenience.

I also recommend the short extension table, and a mounting rail (sold separately), for the planer outfeed table.

The long extension table uses a support leg to the floor, and thus is not very convenient for the planer outfeed, since the planer table changes height when adjusting thickness.

The same extension table (and/or additional extension tables) can also be used on the jointer infeed table (using the existing jointer fence mounting rail), and on the jointer outfeed table (with an additional mounting rail.)

-- Andy - Arlington TX

Blog Entries
    I have one jointer and one planer. I have a table saw, radial arm saw, two "skill saws" a drill press. SWMBO will not let me go down the power tool aisle at the local toy stores. I do not understand why.

Thanks for all of the information guys. I guess I wasn't set on any one tool in particular just started reading up on the scm and I am trying to see if I am comparing apple to apples. It seems that either way would be good options and function great. Just looking all the variables over and trying to decide.
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!"

I am awaiting delivery of an SCM FS30 with a Tersa head. I have every expectation that it will be a fine machine. I spent months considering the pros and cons of various J/P brands and features and concluded any of them would be a huge improvement over my current setup! I have a small workshop so the 16” was not a practical option for me.