Thread: Porter Cable Stick it sandpaper

Porter Cable Stick it sandpaper

Is anyone else having problem with PC Stick it sandpaper? When I remove it from pad it is tearing up the pad on my sander. It really sticks on and wants to stay on. I have tried several sources of Stick It pads.
    Mike Kelly
    _________
    ShopBot Benchtop with 4G Upgrade
    Small Homemade CNC
    Sherline CNC Mill
    Aspire 4.5
    AutoCAD
    CorelDraw

That's the biggest reason I went to hook and loop on random orbit sanders. On 1/4 sheet sander, because I'm close to Klingspor's Woodworking shop, I but roll ends out of bargin box. In shop, I probably have two lifetime's supply

Keep a sacrificial board close by. Before removing the paper, warm it up by sanding the sacrificial board for a few seconds.

I peel back just a corner, then hold down the foam pad with my thumb while I pull back the paper more. If you just peel back the paper, it can easily tear the foam. Also that foam deteriorates with age and needs to be replaced every so often.

I had to replace the foam pad on my venerable Bosch when it disintegrated. If there's no top layer, the adhesive will wreck it in short order.

I use the PC stuff on dedicated blocks after seeing Rob Cosman's video. He's frugal, and made a compelling case.