Thread: Great gift for toddlers

Blog Entries

Great gift for toddlers

if anyone is looking for an outdoor toy, see the water table below. It has probably seen more hours of play from my two grandsons thaN any other single toy. I got the pitcher pump from Graingers but I think they are on Amazon also. The upper vessel is one of those bins for under your bed. I found some kind of plumbing thingy that stands about 1.5” high with a 1”hole so the water drains from the upper tray to the lower one.

fischer price make a water table for less but the pump is battery operated. The boys love pumping and filling things and their mom loves them getting tired.

AA6D18C1-037E-4328-BA05-A5C64067C027.jpg

Blog Entries
    The wife’s Daily Harvest just arrived so now the water table is full of dry ice. Kids playing in the fog.

Blog Entries
    My kids used to love grinding my coffee beens in the morning in a hand cranked grinder.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

That’s a cool idea Roger, my kids loved water tables in the warmer months. Though, i wasn’t the biggest fan because I was constantly changing them out of wet clothes. Lol

Great idea!

Here's another that I tried on my little cousin. It's simple and fun if their house has some kind of unpainted fence or painted siding. Give the toddler a pail of water and a wide paint brush. Tell them to go paint the fence. The water brushes on and looks dark like a fresh paint to the child.

That little kid had a blast. She was quiet and very focused. It was fun to watch. But Matt's right - have spare clothes.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”