Thread: For the Curiosity of Cats

Blog Entries

For the Curiosity of Cats

We have a couple of kittens and it seems one of them has become fascinated by an old jug of mine:

Kitten in the Jug.jpg

Those are her hind legs on the side of the jug.

After she knocked it over and started rolling it around in her attempts to get inside, it was moved to a place where she can not get to it. My plan is to turn a top for it to see if that will get her to leave it alone.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Luckily she didn’t pop into it. Probably would have had to break it to get her out.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

That's darn funny Jim! Would have been even funnier if she had fallen inside, at least for a few minutes.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

The look on her face tells me she expected more.
    Perhaps you could show your cat this picture, Jim.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    We used to have a cat named Highway. My daughter found a kitten on the side of the road one evening and brought her home, thus the name. She would sleep in the closet, but come out and was friendly. We miss her.

Blog Entries
    Any box placed on the floor anywhere in our house will either contain our cat if it is open on top or will have a cat on top of it if it is closed.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 09-05-2020 at 11:53 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    A top was turned for the jug. It was returned to its spot under the window and little Boo has moved on to other pursuits.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Blog Entries
    Here is the jug with its new cap:

Jug Topper.jpg

The little stairway is one of a pair made for a cat that was quite old so she could climb up on her bed. It now allows the kittens to climb up to the window to gaze out the window. The second stairway is set by the screen door so the kittens can climb up and look out the door.

jtk