Thread: Magic Saw from the Craftsman Gallery?

Magic Saw from the Craftsman Gallery?

I often come here for solid advice about tool purchases. Today I saw something called the Magic Saw for sale from the Craftsman Gallery. In the past I have been pleased with marking and measuring tools I purchased from this company. This "Magic Saw" seems like it might be a decent tool for quick fixes in the shop or around the house. Can I go wrong in laying out $20.00 for this kit? If you have any experience with this "Magic Saw" or a similar product please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    In my opinion, this could be a handy saw for a lot of odd jobs. It may not be the best solution to many situations.

In my case, my kit already has other tools to handle any function this saw can provide.

Just my 2¢ Two Cents.png.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I always considered that more like something I might give to my daughter for a general purpose saw when we had no idea what she would cut as opposed to woodworker per say... but not having used it. I think that the better question is.... What do you think you would do with it? Then, look at the blades that they have for it. To me, it feels more like a hack saw with lots of different blade types. It is not my first choice for breaking down a board, for example, but I am sure it could get the job done. If I was not sure what I was going to need to cut and I did not want to bring a bunch of saws with me, seems like a good choice.

These are ideally suited to cutying curves in tile.

Some consider spiral fretsaw blades for curves in wood to be superior.