Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a quieter Kitchen blender.

Looking for a quieter Kitchen blender.

We have a Kitchen Aid blender that works well enough but is painfully loud. I get 111 dB reading per the app on my phone when LOML makes her daily veggie smoothie.
    Are they’re quieter options?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

You could make a plexiglass enclosure for your existing blender to reduce the noise. Maybe make a cheap plywood or MDF mockup first to assess effectiveness. I see a lot of the smoothee shops in the malls have enclosures, not sure if it is for sound attenuation.

Blendtec Pro with the noise shield is super quiet, works amazingly well and is Made in USA. Will set you back $800 clams tho.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

An immersion blender will be quieter but may not work for smoothies. For blending while cooking they're great.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Not an Oster. Works great but is loud. As suggested, most ice cream shops use an enclosure for safety and noise
    Regards,

Tom

Use an immersion blender and blend in a cup/jar. Way quieter.

For quieting a blender 2-3 minutes a day, how about earplugs?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Immersion blender won't work with ice cubes in the smoothie. Great thing to have otherwise.

Blog Entries
    I have a Vitamix and on high it's quite loud, but if it's just turned to the power level of your average kitchen blender, then it's pretty quiet. It's a very powerful blender.

Noise is the nature of the beast here, especially when grinding ice for a smoothie. Fortunately, it's noise of very short duration. Both the ancient 1980s blender we have and the NutriBullet that our daughter has hold equal high noise levels in use for this purpose. They are about the same noise level as my coffee grinder that gets used every morning.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

We bought the Ninja blender from Costco it’s very fast. It doesn’t seem to be as loud as the kitchen aid was but my hearing might be failing.
    Its been going strong for about a year.
    Aj

My daughter bought me the Ninja for my birthday last year when we had a 30% coupon at Kohl's. It came with several different size containers and I really like it...much better than the old Oster that now lives in the attic. Never measured the decibel level, but it's certainly bearable for the time it takes to make a smoothie. It even has a smoothie cycle button. I also have the NutriBullet. It does the job as well, but it came with a caution not to blend hot liquids or the container might burst. I really wanted it to do hot chocolate and coffee so it now lives in the attic too. No problem doing hot (IIRC less than 180F) liquids in the Ninja.

It would be easy to make an enclosure out of "mass loaded vinyl", or wood covered with it.

Blog Entries
    Smoothie king mounts their vita mix blenders so the motor is under the cabinet. Then at least they can hear the customers.
    we have a kitchen aide blender also. I wonder if the glass vessel makes more noise?

It might seem a silly reason to replace a functioning blender but 111 dB is very close to permanent hearing damage levels. The older I get, the more protective I am of what I have left. Anyone with 24/7 tinnitus knows what I’m talking about, or should.

Thanks for the info. I’m looking at this one. It’s a little on the small side: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H4WN7EW...pa0038-20&th=1
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney