Thread: 30W fiber laser problem

30W fiber laser problem

J.D. Hendrick JohnDavidHendrick@gmail.com

I am in Richmond, Virginia. My 30w fiber laser has a problem. Red dot works, laser not marking. I've heard it could be the internal power supply.

Any tips? Anyone near Virginia that fixes the China made lasers that I can bring this to you to fix?

Also, anyone selling a 30w fiber laser for a good price...I would like to have one as a backup.

Thanks

Unfortunately there are a number of issues that could cause this. Have you used a fiber laser and EZCAD before? Has this particular laser worked in the past?

Without knowing your familiarity with lasers or what troubleshooting you have already performed, my first bet would be a focus issue or EZCAD not being utilized properly.
    Licensed Professional Engineer,
    Unlicensed Semi Professional Tinkerer

John did you buy this used, new or how and has it ever worked? Does your dealer service?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

did it work previously? need more info to help out... power supply issues are easy to diagnose with a voltmeter; these machines are relatively simple albeit impressive in their works.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

I shipped to the company I bought it from to do the repairs. I appreciate all your input and assistance. Thank you