Thread: Looking for Detailed Plan for Puzzle Table

Thumbs up Looking for Detailed Plan for Puzzle Table

I'd like to build a couple puzzle tables and donate them to local nursing homes. Kind of a card table size, 4 legs, shallow pull out drawers for puzzle pieces, maybe a two part top that slid out (full extension slides?) and apart like drawers - with the puzzle surface under this top.

I haven't been able to find any even halfway decent plans for one, lots of people selling the tables though......

Anyone got a plan? Anyone bored at home with enough time to design some plans? I'd even pay for the plans, if there were some good ones like what I'm talking about available.

Thanks - Larry

We use a card table which was a fixture earlier in the pandemic. The shallow pullouts might be a useful addition but might put the puzzler further from the assembly. The split top might be useful also but could add a lot of weight which would limit portability. I got a set of 6 sorting trays as a gift and these are very useful. Let us know if your plan evolves. Thanks!
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

I'm not really planning on portability, more of a set it up in a "spot" at the nursing homes, and people can come and go to work on the puzzles. That is sort of what they do now, just don't have a good place or surface to work really. I'm also thinking that the drawers would pull out on the sides of the table, which shouldn't affect the puzzler. Guess I'll likely have to get working on a plan myself, but was hoping not to reinvent the wheel.....