Thread: Woodcraft sale is tricky

Woodcraft sale is tricky

Deleted, found the info on another page on woodcraft
    Last edited by Bruce King; 08-29-2020 at 11:10 PM.

Surely there are some exceptions for large machinery and things like Festool. Those are likely price controlled by the manufacturer and aren’t eligible for the sale.

This is right off their web page. Easily found. As Matt says it's common for large items to be excluded.

*Excludes Gift Cards, Power Tools, Leigh Jigs, Freud, Festool, SawStop, GREX, ONEIDA, CNC Machines, Tormek, Board Foot Lumber, Select Kreg Tools & Manufacturer Direct Ship Items. No Cash Value. Not Valid With Any Promotional Offer, Discounts Or Coupons, Previous Purchases, Quantity Discounts & Package Pricing. No Special Orders. Excludes Laser Engraving & Sharpening/Millwork Charges. Other Exclusions May Apply. Early Bird Special Quantities Are Limited; First Come First Served. August 28, 29 & 30, 2020 ONLY.

This is a misleading trick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Call woodcraft then if you feel like there’s been an injustice.

The large manufacturers set their own sales terms, including discounts. It’s part of the gig for selling their gear, the resale outfits all must conform to the contract. This is not isolated to Woodcraft. Check their competitors too. This is why many people wait for the 10-15% manufacturer sales around different holiday times. As Ron and Matt have noted and copied the website disclaimer, it’s all there. That paragraph is on every Woodcraft and Rockler hardcopy mailer I get too.

Quote Originally Posted by William Chain View Post
    The large manufacturers set their own sales terms, including discounts. It’s part of the gig for selling their gear, the resale outfits all must conform to the contract. This is not isolated to Woodcraft. Check their competitors too. This is why many people wait for the 10-15% manufacturer sales around different holiday times. As Ron and Matt have noted and copied the website disclaimer, it’s all there. That paragraph is on every Woodcraft and Rockler hardcopy mailer I get too.
    Yeah, I agree with this and the others. I never felt they were misleading me.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Harbor freight pulls the same stuff and they make all the stuff they sell. No discount on tool boxes at all, or sawblades of certain brands. of course those are the only blade brands they have on the shelf.
    Bill D

I deleted the first post because either I was not telling the story correctly or no one was getting it. I have been ordering things online for years before it became mainstream.
    I can read the disclaimers. The issue is that the steps I went through in their site and with their little 10 percent off popup the disclaimers were never there. Even with the tool in the cart it kept reminding me of the discount. I don’t remember the exact path I took but the Woodcraft web guy knows. It was all a planned process. I have software experience too and notice crap like this. Their loss, I had my CC ready to enter.