Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repeat cross cuts on long plywood sheets

I find the TSO guide attached to the Festool track to give me very accurate 90° cuts.
    If you want to cut several different panels to the same lenghts then you might want to make a spacer that will help you place the TSO + track exactly where you want it.

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 7.00.50 AM.jpg

There are other brands of essentially the same product available, but this is the one I have.
    The reference edge of the TSO that butts up against the plywood is of course shorter than the track, so you need to be careful to have it sit tightly, but once you do it works as advertised.

https://tsoproducts.com/tso-guide-ra...e-rail-square/

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gibney View Post
    I find the TSO guide attached to the Festool track to give me very accurate 90° cuts.
    If you want to cut several different panels to the same lenghts then you might want to make a spacer that will help you place the TSO + track exactly where you want it.

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 7.00.50 AM.jpg

There are other brands of essentially the same product available, but this is the one I have.
    The reference edge of the TSO that butts up against the plywood is of course shorter than the track, so you need to be careful to have it sit tightly, but once you do it works as advertised.

https://tsoproducts.com/tso-guide-ra...e-rail-square/
    I love TSO. I actually have this along with their PTR triangle and both are awesome. I used it today to build the jig like others suggested and it worked really well. Really wish I have their parallel guide setup instead of the woodpeckers one. I'd end up losing too much to make the switch so I'm stuck.

Thank you all as always for the suggestions and help. To close the loop here, I made a jig like Paul suggested and it worked perfectly. Also turns out that one of the panels I was cutting wasn't actually square which compounded the issue. I've now switched to 75% metric and one of those flat fastcap tape measures which has made validating my cuts so much easier.

Looks like the issue is solved but I will offer my comment anyway. My assembly table/outfeed table has 20mm holes that are almost square (bored with pegboard and a router base that indexes off it). I thought it was square but it is a little off so I put a screw adjust on the fence I use to have stops so I can get it exactly square.

For bigger pieces I use a plywood square with a fence if that helps. It is 18 inches so I can mark a pretty wide panel from one side. I started using a 0.5mm pencil after getting a track saw. The width of my line was a source of inaccuracy. I am pretty sure I could just mark and cut to less than 1mm variation.

But for repeatable cuts, I use a jig like the suggested one except it has a dado to go over the guide rib of my DeWalt tracks. I use my long square sometimes on the edge of the track but it bugs me that it is soft on the DeWalt so it's a bit flexible. The rib is not. I have a movable stop with a hairline indicator of the length. So I can set the stop, and position both ends of the track. I can do it the same for each cut. I have one of these "track positioning guides" that is for when the piece you want is under the track and one for when it is away from the track. I like these better than the home made parallel guide I have (no commercial ones for DeWalt).