Thread: Classes and Resources for Learning

Classes and Resources for Learning

I get a lot of questions from fellow laser owners about wanting to learn more about lasers and ask different questions about engraving mugs, designing, etc.
    I've been working on creating content for YouTube and other platforms for learning and would love insight from other laser owners.

If you were to take a class on laser machining, what would you want to learn?

What has been helpful to you in learning about lasers?

If you took a class on design, what would you like to learn? Illustrator, Affinity, specific functions, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am just hoping to help others and need insight into what people would actually want to learn.

Trevor,
    I bought my 1st machine in Jan. 1995. There was no "internet" (youtube, forums,...) so I had to learn by myself how to use CorelDraw 4.
    Sure, I could utilize the software right out of the box for plaques and other wooden things. I wanted to figure out photo's and more challenging
    graphics, I wanted to convert .bmp to vector, I wanted to be able to create what I wanted to if you catch my drift. This covers the software.

I would learn the laser itself by daily maintenance and occasional parts replacement.
    When something is not looking correct in the engraving, well..it's USUALLY a machine problem. Then you have figure that out.
    Learn the terminology-steppers, servo's, encoder, reader, mirror/s, X Y Z, belting, auto focus...........and the location.

I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with!

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your input. I'd love to talk to you sometime about what I am thinking in more detail.
    Is there a way to reach you through email or social media on Instagram?