Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School me on cabinet paint

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Holmes View Post
    Yes, I use an Air Assisted Airless. I have used the Kem-Aqua Plus with my other sprayers and I don't have any trouble. I usually thin it 3-5% with the SW reducer. Last project was bathroom cabinets for my house... wife picked the color; SW mixed it up to the color she wanted... done and done.

That's consistent with what I found by adding 3 - 4% of GF's Extender.

John

Thank you guys very much for all your help. I think I’m going to give the Chem Aqua Plus a shot on this job. One final question though. I don’t really have anything that I typically use to compare this to, but what is the approximate coverage for this product? More specifically, can you give me a really rough idea of how many linear feet of basic cabinets that a gallon will cover? The leadtime at my SW industrial coatings branch is about five days for the color match. So, I have to make sure I order enough but certainly don’t want 3 gallons left over because it’s certainly not cheap. Thanks you again everyone.

Here's the product I'm talking about:

*Available PDF downloads (1.1 - 2.4 MB)

Product Name Product Number Sheen
    SHER-WOOD® Kem Aqua Plus Clear T75C555 Gloss SDS EDS PDS
    SHER-WOOD® Kem Aqua Plus Clear T75F556 Bright Rubbed Effect SDS EDS PDS
    SHER-WOOD® Kem Aqua Plus Clear T75F557 Medium Rubbed Effect SDS EDS PDS

You should also pick up the SW retarder They also have a "Dull Rubbed Effect" which is my favorite
    Last edited by Scott Holmes; 08-27-2020 at 12:09 AM.
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

Chem Aqua Plus can be tinted. My local SW would only tint gallons.

I switched to Target Coatings line of products. I'm very happy.