Thread: Delta Cruzer Miter Saw: Any Joy?

Delta Cruzer Miter Saw: Any Joy?

I’m wondering if anyone here has any experience with this newish saw from Delta. Online reviews I have read are generally positive.

I have a 12” Dewalt 779 that I have never liked very much: large, heavy, “jumps” when you start it (no soft start), often trips a 15 amp breaker, bad dust collection, and its machined tolerances are not terrific. And noisy. i like that it cuts a 4x4 in a single pass though.

looks like the 10” Cruzer does better on a lot of these characteristics and still can cut a 4x4.

Can anyone confirm or comment?

Thanks!

-Dan

I have a gen 2 12". No soft start, poor dust collection but everything else i think it does well. Does not trip 15 amp breakers in fact my dust extractor tool plug powers and it and both can run on a 15 amp.

I also have the 12". I have only had it for a couple months though, and haven't done any intense work with it yet though. I did check everything for square, and everything looked good out of the box, which I was actually a bit surprised by. The sliding works very smoothly, and so far I have enjoyed the saw overall. I will echo that it does have poor dust collection as well, but it isn't a huge deal for me.

Thanks Melvin and Garrad. Yeah I don’t think any miter saw has great dust collection except possibly the Kapex and that has problems of its own. I may be misremembering but I think the version 2 of the Cruzer has soft start. Will double check. I’m glad to hear that you found it is square or can be made so. My Dewalt is almost square but just a tad off and now amount of adjusting has worked to fix it.

I forgot to mention that I really like the shadow line for the cut!