Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone bought a robo hippy tool rest recently?

Thanks for this Reed. I make a small part for a large carving group and it sure cuts into my play time!!
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Wow. My daughter has an on-line business and went away for three days for a long holiday weekend at an off grid cabin in remote West VA. and came back to all kinds of crappy comments from one potential customer who was upset that she didn't get a response to a question within 48 hours and the auction had another 11 days to go. Over a holiday weekend yet. Sheesh. People have things that happen. A day off, sickness, out of town weddings, vacation, death in the family, calm down, have a beer Hippy has an excellent reputation.

3. Will be waiting patiently for the next gen of the Robo Rest, if or when they come out.

I am interested to buy one or two. Where can I find them? The grinder tool rest used by Stuart Betty (SB Tools) is great too but that’s also out of stock

I sent an e mail to the person who said they were going to make them, yesterday. My hope is that they will be at the AAW Symposium this year, but haven't heard back yet. I still get requests for both the bowl rests and the platform.

robo hippy

I can't imagine not having and using a Robo Rest. I sharpen at different angles for spindle and some bowl gouges; different angle for different bowl gouges; skew; scrapers; and I can change the platform angle in seconds so I sharpen more often than I would if I had to use a set up guage to adjust the platform every time.

I love mine. I use it on a 6" grinder which throws off the calibration, so I have a strip of blue tape on the housing with the a list of angles and corresponding settings.

Any updates on production release for the tool rest?

I guess I was lucky to get mine when I did. I really am lazy and love it cause I set it so quickly without tools!
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .