Thread: Rear table stuck on Delta 37-220 jointer

Rear table stuck on Delta 37-220 jointer

Hi,
    I recently picked up an old Delta 37-220 (FC series, I think that puts it circa 1972). Works great except the rear table appears to be stuck (the manual I found online mentions a lock nut, but that appears to be missing on mine). The wheel turns a rotation or two but the thing underneath that normally moves left and right as the table rises/falls is stuck solid. I'm not super mechanical so I have no idea how to go about taking this thing apart if that's what needs to happen. Any suggestions where to begin? Thanks!

this is the one that moves
    IMG_0714.jpg

this is the one that is stuck
    IMG_0712.jpg

Seems to be a common problem even on newer ones. Don’t worry about it until you have installed new knives and verified the need to worry about it. They say the knives should be level with the outfeed table but most on here agree to set the knives just a micro higher. With a thin metal rule laying across, the rule should get dragged 3/16 inch as each knife passes by when moved manually with the machine unplugged. This probably equates to .007 or so but you can’t measure that easily while working on these.
    Last edited by Bruce King; 08-20-2020 at 11:42 PM.