Thread: Anyone building anything?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone building anything?

Hi all,

Me, not so much ....It is high summer here, so I have been letting several long languishing projects languish (a NBSS tool chest and a jewelry box). The good news is I'm nearly done with the shop refurb. I've been told that I have a 'wood problem' to which i've always replied that I simply have a storage problem. A big part of the summer has been an effort to fix my problem as part of the refurb, with some level of success:

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.47.46 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.48.09 PM.jpg

For better or worse, I still have a pile of a couple hundred bf that I'll have to still keep under tin and tarps...maybe I do have a problem.

Yesterday, I was also able to help my friend with his slab roubo project. He scored a massive ~34"x5"x8' red oak slab from a mutual friend for his top, which migrated to my house right before covid. The slab had the pith in the middle, so we cut into two sections when we picked it up using a combination of circular saw and rip saw. We were able to cut the two slabs close to final width yesterday on the bandsaw.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.29.59 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.30.32 PM.jpg

I'll post some shots of the new shop soon, I promise..

Have fun and stay safe out there!

Chris
    Last edited by Christopher Charles; 08-17-2020 at 5:12 PM.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra