Thread: Moving a Grizzly g0771

Moving a Grizzly g0771

Hi everyone, I've been lurking and learning for a long time and finally upgrading my old Craftsman contractor saw to a Grizzly G0771 I found very lightly used locally. I was wondering if it would be possible to take the table, wings and rails off in one piece to move it. I don't want to be sitting in their garage all afternoon taking it apart if I can avoid it and I will have to remove the top to fit in my SUV. Appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks!

From the current version of that model, it looks like the power switch is mounted to either the extension or rail, so that would have to be removed before you remove the entire top/extensions/rails as a unit.

You will also need to remove the blade guard and riving knife.

Other than that, since it is a hybrid, and the guts mount to the cabinet, the whole table, extension wings and rails should come off in one (heavy) piece.

You will definitely have to re-align the top to the blade when you put it back on. On the other hand, you may well need to adjust that anyway, so likely no great loss.

I hope you have a sheet of plywood to lay in the back of the SUV to set all that on, to keep the carpet from getting messed up.

You might consider renting a small trailer instead. The lift height will be much less, and you won't have to dis-assemble & re-assemble it.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

The whole saw is only 330 pounds.

Remove the fence and table wings. Doubt you’ll need to remove the whole top. And since that’s a hybrid, likely the trunnions are mounted to the table so that will be much harder than a true cabinet saw. Remove the motor cover and such too.

Matt Day, this saw actually has cabinet mounted trunnion, so the whole top should come off in one piece with 4 bolts. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to hose it up by doing it in one piece.

Gotcha, sounds like a good little saw. Enjoy it.

Andy, I likely would realign everything anyway once I get it home. As long as it isn't shimmed I think the four bolts for the top would be an easy way to trim the weight down for moving it, even if I go with a trailer. I have my 100lb soaking wet teenage son to help today and that's it. I just wanted to make sure that wouldn't stress the top/rails/wings too much to do that. Didn't think it would but wanted to check.