Thread: Please Help! Laser wont fire - but will with power supply test fire LED D18 flashing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare Taylor View Post
    Spot on Dave.
    I got hold of our technician and we went through checking the power supply. There was no power going through to the orange wire. We then tested the cables from the main board to the high voltage control board.

Ive picked up a new main board and am about to install it.
    You get used to it after a while Clare
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    You get used to it after a while Clare
    I've now replaced the main mother board and the laser is back working.
    However, we do still have the original bugs/gremlins/glitches that we suspect caused the initial electrical power surge... assuming the EMI filter, circuit breaker and surge protectors would prevent external surges from frying the laser (nothing else electrical was running at the time of the laser's internal power surge that caused the laser to stop in its tracks)

When in test mode and testing glass test tube, the control panel will freeze after the first power up test.
    This happened before changing motherboard and is still happening.

When running in normal mode with new motherboard, the control panel now does the following new issues:
    - fades intermittently
    - constantly has the Laser red LED on
    - glitches and removes some text and/or
    - flicks between version number to operating screen (suggesting connection issues, but only did this once so far)
    - intermittently cuts out the air compressor despite correct settings to turn ON air compressor.

Ive attached a copy of the control panel cable end that goes into the motherboard - I dont think they're in good condition as the are bent up and have been pulled through the little hole twice since the issues started, due to removing the lid to replace the x motor. We copied what the local service technician (who's learning) did to remove the lid.
    Attached Images Attached Images