Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: change your blades when you should

If it's just a tip or three your sharpener should be able to replace it for much less than the cost of a new blade.

over a year ago, I had a WW2 combo that was starting to burn a lot on my 3hp SawStop. Picked up a couple of cheap diablos at HD (a crosscut and a ripper).

I’ve been really disciplined about swapping and using the right blade for the job and I’ve gotten great results. I’ve ripped 8/4 hard maple with no issues.

Much cheaper than the fancy blades and convenient to replace when the time comes.
    Last edited by Fred Falgiano; 08-15-2020 at 9:50 AM. Reason: Spelling

Blog Entries
    I had a SawStop brake fire (my fault) when using an Amanda combo blade. A couple of carbides were ruined. My sharpening guy brazed new carbides onto the blade. The charge was very reasonable and far less than a new blade. I still use it.

If I go three table saws back I had a home made table saw with a 1hp motor. A true 1 hp motor. Wouldn't run on a 15A circuit. I think it was as powerful as my current PCS with a "1.75hp" motor. I think the ratings have changed over the years. I know that old 1hp induction motor is at least as big as the motor in the PCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dwight View Post
    If I go three table saws back I had a home made table saw with a 1hp motor. A true 1 hp motor. Wouldn't run on a 15A circuit. I think it was as powerful as my current PCS with a "1.75hp" motor. I think the ratings have changed over the years. I know that old 1hp induction motor is at least as big as the motor in the PCS.
    if it would not run on a 15 amp circuit, it was more than 1 hp. 1 hp = 745 watts. 745 watts / 110 volts is only about 7 amps. not factoring inrush.

Old Expression which can applied to any task that one is putting off:

"I don't have time to sharpen my axe because I have too much wood to chop."
    Regards,

Tom