12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delta Biesemeyer 78919B Type 2

2 16.67%
  • SawStop TGP2-FA

6 50.00%
  • Something else

4 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for people with new Biesemeyer fences (How do you like it?)

Here is the completed saw with fence. The Sawstop Fence works perfectly with the Biesemeyer rails. Thanks for everyone's input.

IMG_0133.jpg IMG_0135.jpg

Below is what I started with. Paid $25 for the saw and ended up putting another $510 into it in order to get to the point you see above. Not a great deal but I'm very happy with what I learned as well as the quality of the saw now that everything has been fixed, cleaned, and aligned.
    Unisaw 4.jpg

Thanks,
    Wes

$535 is less than I have into my Unisaw The fence looks great, nice!
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Billups View Post
    Below is what I started with. Paid $25 for the saw and ended up putting another $510 into it in order to get to the point you see above. Not a great deal but I'm very happy with what I learned as well as the quality of the saw now that everything has been fixed, cleaned, and aligned.
    I think you did very well. The only thing lacking to make it a great saw is a good guard & riving knife. I'm pretty sure there are aftermarket ones available for that saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    I think you did very well. The only thing lacking to make it a great saw is a good guard & riving knife. I'm pretty sure there are aftermarket ones available for that saw.
    Frank, this saw will primarily be dedicated with a dado blade. I'll keep my eyes open for a good guard and/or riving knife/splitter but don't anticipate using it very often where those items would be beneficial.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Billups View Post
    Frank, this saw will primarily be dedicated with a dado blade. I'll keep my eyes open for a good guard and/or riving knife/splitter but don't anticipate using it very often where those items would be beneficial.

Thanks.
    It's just about perfect as it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I have owned both the Biesemeyer Commercial and the Saw Stop T-Glide. I will first confess a sentimental attachment to the Beis for the sake of transparency

The Saw Stop (and others) are what people refer to as 'better-than-Bies' clones. This term used to irk me. Now that I have used the T-Glide for nearly as long as I used the Bies I feel I can comment on the "better-than" factor. The T-Glide is much easier to adjust although once adjusted you can pretty much take the Bies off the rails and drive nails with it, put it back on the saw and pick up where you left off . . . you see, there's that sentimentality kicking in

The T-Glide faces are easily removable, you can swap them for t-track extrusions, add sac-fences and put the originals back on without much fuss. You have to pretty much destroy the Bies faces to remove them and then you are faced with attaching the replacements.

In short, I like the T-Glide better. I am glad that the Bies lives on dad's saw now so I can go and visit.
    Have you done that? How did that work? Got any pics?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I've used both the T-type (Biesemeyer type design) and the high/low type (UniFence, Euro, etc) and prefer the latter. There's nothing "wrong" with the Tee-type fences, but I like and utilize the high/low and sliding nature of the UniFence/Euro type design. I mostly use the fence in the low position and pulled back which eliminates any chance of binding behind the blade. While I'm using a slider now with this fence setup, the Delta saw I owned two saws back had the UniFence and I used it in the same way. When I move to the cabinet saw and "lost" that set of features, I did my work, but really missed what I considered a more advanced and versatile fence setup.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...