Thread: Buying my first Fiber! Help!?

Buying my first Fiber! Help!?

Hi all - I am researching a new fiber system and considering Jimani as the front runner, but also exploring what Z-Tech and others have to offer. Big picture, I’m looking for overall advice/tips/stuff to watch out for when buying a fiber system.

I don’t want to go the route of direct Chinese, but I’m cool with an American company that sources Chinese and provides great software and support to go with their turnkey systems.

I don’t have a pressing need for something beyond 30 watts at the moment, but if I push to 60 or 100, will I be able to cut through thin metals? Carve into metal for 3D engravings?

Thank you in advance and I hope everyone is doing well despite this crazy year!

I have a machine from Radian Laser that I've been very happy with. They are ultimately a Chinese import upgraded and supported by a US company. They have a number of interesting attachment options available as well. Have been happy with the machine and their support.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Thanks for the input, Steve - Mind if I give you a ring to ask a few questions about your experience with Radian?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Utick View Post
    I have a machine from Radian Laser that I've been very happy with. They are ultimately a Chinese import upgraded and supported by a US company. They have a number of interesting attachment options available as well. Have been happy with the machine and their support.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Saul View Post
    Thanks for the input, Steve - Mind if I give you a ring to ask a few questions about your experience with Radian?
    You can PM me your phone # if you want, and I can give you a call.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Sounds great - I can't figure out how to PM you though. My number is eight zero for 380 six eight eight eight

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Utick View Post
    You can PM me your phone # if you want, and I can give you a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Saul View Post
    Sounds great - I can't figure out how to PM you though. My number is eight zero for 380 six eight eight eight
    You need to be a contributor to PM and post images... Minimum donation $6 , Never ever post your phone number online!! This is a user Forum ask questions and get answers online instead of expecting someone to call you.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

My direct from china fiber laser is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Just shipped on friday I am shocked. It was way simpler than I expected it to be. They did the billing though alibibab with the protection pay and I could use a credit card. No one in the US or even wisley could come close to touching the price and it is supposed to have an IPG 60w MOPA supply so I expect no issues.

If you decide you want to go through China I can get you all the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Purvis View Post
    My direct from china fiber laser is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Just shipped on friday I am shocked. It was way simpler than I expected it to be. They did the billing though alibibab with the protection pay and I could use a credit card. No one in the US or even wisley could come close to touching the price and it is supposed to have an IPG 60w MOPA supply so I expect no issues.

If you decide you want to go through China I can get you all the info.
    Wow, did you pay with PayPal or CC?

Blog Entries
    So, I'm assuming you have factored in the 25% tariff? YOU WILL pay that to whoever shipped it.
    I've been going back and forth for a 50 watt, ebay already in US vs importing another.....
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I just got my money back from a China scam thanks to PayPal. Ordered one thing waited a month and they shipped $5 worth of cheap junk and claimed I had ordered the wrong thing. I would never give them my credit card number.

The OP asked for a USA vender, Rabbit Laser USA is one, and LightObject are both ones I know about. NO you will not get the cheapest price, but you won't be coming on here and complaining about getting scammed or asking questions here about why your machine doesn't work. You get what you pay for.

Blog Entries
    Oh, and it is 30 percent, not 25% on lasers.....
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Oh, and it is 30 percent, not 25% on lasers.....
    This is why I bought my machine through Ebay.

10% ebay bucks, made an offer for $3200 (30W Fiber with Rotary), Free Shipping, and most important, US warehouse.

Shipped from a US warehouse so no import to deal with. I'm sure its already cooked into the price but you also have ebay and Paypal protection.

I have 2 fibers I bought off eBay, same seller, a month apart. I DID check the sellers "repertoire" before I bought= 'him' and several others from seemingly the same organization were selling mostly industrial items, many with the "Vevor" brand, which mine are. I've had no problems, EXCEPT when I got the first machine, the foot switch wouldn't work. I sent an email, got a quick response with a request for more info. Meanwhile, I found the problem was an F3 port setting needed changing. Same thing happened last month when I replaced the main board just so I could run the new version of EzCad, foot switch didn't work. Nice thing about having more than 1 of the same machine, it's easy to compare settings and whatnot, took about a minute to fix the pedal

So, it's best to avoid buying industrial machinery from an eBay seller who also sells essential oils, steampunk glasses, movie posters and hand-held electric cheese graters, you might not get the customer service you're hoping for

These machines, for all their magnificence in (for example) being able to steer a laser beam with a pair mirrors 18" beyond the lens to the substrate at 160 inches per second and engrave a flawless 1mm tall "Times New Roman" in Times New Roman in 1/10 of a second, they're actually extremely simple and inexpensive machines. The only moving parts are the mirrors. The laser source is the most expensive part but they have a long life expectancy. Everything else in the machine- a couple of circuit boards, a couple of power supplies and the scanhead, are easily replaceable and cost about 1 typical car payment. For those who are mechanically inclined, just find a reputable seller with a stock of US machines at a good price, and go from there...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Keith View Post
    This is why I bought my machine through Ebay.

10% ebay bucks, made an offer for $3200 (30W Fiber with Rotary), Free Shipping, and most important, US warehouse.

Shipped from a US warehouse so no import to deal with. I'm sure its already cooked into the price but you also have ebay and Paypal protection.
    FWIW, I did need to take advantage of the Paypal protection; Ebay won't touch it after 30 days. For lack of a better term once initiated, Paypal was "on it". YMMV. All that aside, the ebay machines are solid and we may be buying another....two is one.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I really would like a 50 watt for one customer. Needs really deep engraving that takes way too long on my 20 watt. I did BTW buy a 63mm lens (74mm focal length) off eBay to see if I could lower time.
    Yes it was better, but not enough to really matter on SS. On aluminum, it does cut faster than my 210 that I use most of the time.
    Two Chinese vendors, including Ray Fine, are decent prices when compared with what I paid for my 20 watt, but add 30% tariff and they are up there......
    And with this one customer, I'd pay for the laser in about 6 years, IF he does what he claims he might. Nope, not yet.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser