Thread: Airbrushing Resources

Airbrushing Resources

I'm started to get interested in coloring and texturing my wood turned hollow forms and bowls. I've bought a Grex airbrush kit not really knowing what I am doing or even need to get started. Anyone have any favorite sites/videos/handouts/newsleters/etc on airbrushing they would be willing to share? I find tons of stuff when I do an Internet search, but fear that like most things these days its hard to know what's good advice vs no so good given that I'm just starting out.

Thanks in advance.
    Paul

Paul, maybe check out Joe Flemming's website "Airbrushingwood": https://www.airbrushingwood.com/

He has lots of info under his "Education" link. Joe is also a great guy and very knowledgeable and I'll bet a dollar he'll be happy to answer questions even if you bought elsewhere - give him a call. (He is a Grex dealer, BTW). He carries lots of types and colors of dyes and paint and isn't shy about giving advice on when to use what and why!

In a world not smacked upside the head with a pandemic you will typically find him at woodturning symposiums across the country. I have no connection with him other than being a satisfied customer.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heely View Post
    I'm started to get interested in coloring and texturing my wood turned hollow forms and bowls. I've bought a Grex airbrush kit not really knowing what I am doing or even need to get started. Anyone have any favorite sites/videos/handouts/newsleters/etc on airbrushing they would be willing to share? I find tons of stuff when I do an Internet search, but fear that like most things these days its hard to know what's good advice vs no so good given that I'm just starting out.

Thanks in advance.
    Paul

Thank you, John. The Education section of Joe's site will keep be busy for a while.

I like my Grex airbrushes. Though to date I've never used them for anything by spraying paint. I'll have to check out the woodworking applications.
    (I do scale models with them).