Thread: 16-32 or 22-44 Drum Sander???

16-32 or 22-44 Drum Sander???

Hey guys,

I know that this sounds weird, what I'm not try to compare those tools just for the size capacity. Let me try to explain my situation:
    - Once a customer asked for 38" wide table top, and after that I've been suggesting that size for dining tables for more than 6 people.

Now I'm in the point to get a drum sander, even a 38" wide table top is not common, if I'm going to make the investment I should get something to be used on this kind of items that I make.

Now, my big concern is the way a 16-32 runs compare to the 22-44 when both are not stationary machines. A heavy 40" wide 1.5" walnut top can be runned in a 22/44 in a safety way?

Not sure why, but it's like something is saying to me, if you want the 22-44, get a big baby closed stand like the JET 25-50 or Supermax 2550 hehehehehe.

PS. In my shop I'm able to use only 120V machines.

Any experience about using a JET 22-44 Drum Sander? What about the Supermax 19-38?
    Last edited by Eduardo Galindez; 08-10-2020 at 12:08 AM.

I recently got the Supermax 19-38. I had been thinking about the Jet 22-44, but Acme was out of stock at the time, and it was going to be months before they were available. After using my 19-38, I would not want a smaller machine.

My main impression is that this is the machine that has been missing in my life for a long time There is a learning curve, and I am still figuring out the ins and outs of using it, but I do like it. I admit, now I have visions of getting a 37" dual drum sander some day. It is probably overkill and I don't know that I have the space for it, but it is as close to a Timesaver as I am going to get

I've had the oscillating 22-44 for about 12 years ... I would NOT want to be without it.