Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Type of Saw For Sale

New Type of Saw For Sale

Well it's really an old type of saw I never noticed in the past, but it looks brand new. The ad is listed under "Milwaukee" on Craigslist in Cincinnati and claims to be flush cutting or flesh cutting. Anyone need this?

00A0A_cwmzggEV597_1320MM_300x300.jpg
    It doesn't have all the normal safety features but does have a trigger lock.

Man, that's scary.

Glad to see you posting again Rich! Been a while. You doing ok?
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Are you sure that isn't just a picture of the saw with the guard removed? That looks like a law suit waiting to happen.
    Dave

Nothing is idiot-proof for a sufficiently ingenious idiot!

David, positive. They are no longer allowed to sell it in the USA, but the name it was made under is "Flussa". You can find it using an Internet search. There is a Flussa kit for sale on eBay right now as well, item 173622333632. They all look unused for some reason.
    Last edited by Rich Riddle; 08-09-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Man, that's scary.

Glad to see you posting again Rich! Been a while. You doing ok?
    Fred
    My wife bought a hobby farm for my retirement years. All three homes on it needed rebuilt, and then the 90 year old man who sold it neglected it for 25 years. Then there are tractors, tractors that break, tractors to maintain.....just a few things to keep me busy.

I have a vague childhood memory of hearing an old carpenter complain about new fangled circular saws. He didn't like the movable part of the guard that wraps around the lower half of the blade. When did that that part of the guard become mandatory?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    I have a vague childhood memory of hearing an old carpenter complain about new fangled circular saws. He didn't like the movable part of the guard that wraps around the lower half of the blade. When did that that part of the guard become mandatory?
    My grandfather's old worm-drives from about the 1930's (?) are in the shop and have the guards on them. He had both a small and 7 1/4" worm-drive. The smaller worm-drive proves very handy to have.

That is just what I am looking for. I have on old large, heavy, barn style sliding door that is sagging just a bit enough to start dragging on the driveway. ( It has been up over 40 years )I need to trim about a 1/4 inch of the bottom, that would do the trick.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Glad your wife is keeping you busy Rich.

I’m still wearing my watch.....Rod

Rod, is that saw legal in Canada?

Isn't it just a jamb saw?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Well it's really an old type of saw I never noticed in the past, but it looks brand new. The ad is listed under "Milwaukee" on Craigslist in Cincinnati and claims to be flush cutting or flesh cutting. Anyone need this?

00A0A_cwmzggEV597_1320MM_300x300.jpg
    It doesn't have all the normal safety features but does have a trigger lock.
    It is not a complete saw, itsays it is a flush cutting attachment for a regular Milwaukee 7-1/4" circular saw.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    My grandfather's old worm-drives from about the 1930's (?) are in the shop and have the guards on them. He had both a small and 7 1/4" worm-drive. The smaller worm-drive proves very handy to have.
    Perhaps we have to go back to the original 1924 Skilsaw to find one without the lower guard. The pictures on https://www.woodworkersjournal.com/s...-tool-company/ seem to show one without a lower guard.

Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley View Post
    I need ten fingers and ten toes since growing new ones isn't an option. Yikes. Worm drive power in that huge saw?