Thread: Epilog Summit laser pictures needed

Question Epilog Summit laser pictures needed

Good afternoon all, hope everyone is doing well. New to this group. I need a big favor from someone that has an Epilog Summit. I bought one used a couple weeks ago and happy to say everything works and moves great, except the laser. My problem is I can't even test it because it is missing the end from the tube. I have talked to many of the guys at Epilog and while they have be super helpful, they don't have parts or a cad drawing for it. I could really use some measurements or even some pictures of the mounting bracket and mirror position.
    Thank you in advance.

Clem
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Clem Harriss; 08-09-2020 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Added to the title

please rotate your picture sso I don't break my neck Thanx
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I can see it good enough to know your missing a important piece and its not going to be cheap. Did you get the machine for free?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Sorry about that Bert, I will fix the picture.
    George, I paid $150.00 for it. It moves like a Ferrari. I really would love to get it going. I talked to the folks at Epilog and they think I could make it, but I would like to see a picture of it. The drawing they sent is not much help. I have a 3D printer to make the part.
    Last edited by Clem Harriss; 08-09-2020 at 12:39 PM.

I'm trying to figure why the tube *appears* to be mounted diagonally within the cabinet?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

not sure if this is a summit tubelaser tube.jpglaser tube.jpg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

This won't help with what you need exactly, because this is the 40w Synrad tube from my Gravograph LS900- the reason I'm posting it to show that the 'end piece' can get pretty complicated depending the machine:

My end cap contains: the shutter relay (black round thing, the shutter has a mirror that runs the red LED thru the optic train when shut, when open it clears the way for the laser's beam), the red LED (with the red wire), the white fat-wire thing I'm not really sure what it does, but I believe it's an optic sensor that 'sees' if the shutter is open or not-- On top of the block is the 1st mirror and its mount, in the center you can barely see the recessed screw that holds it in place, the 3 'triangulated' allen screws are loosened to rotate the mirror, the off-center screw adjusts the mirror's azimuth. Also there's an unplugged wire hanging down, it connects to the power supply to run the relay, LED and optic sensor...

So I hope someone with 'your' machine can help out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks guys for contributing. This is mounted diagonally in the cabinet. I will post some pictures. The laser is a 25W Synrad. I am no where near as educated as you all, but I am assuming the laser come out, hits a mirror to shoot the beam up to another mirror.Summit Electronics.jpg

This is from Epilog. Great customer service bythe way.

Hi Clem,we no longer have that mounting bracket and unfortunately do not have the CADfiles to recreate it. I do have a drawing however here is what the mount on theend would have looked like. The item with the three holes in the end would sitat a 45 degree angle. The mirror would be mounted to a block of aluminum thatwould use an O-Ring between the mount and the adjustment bracket. The smallflaps on either side would have also been at close to 45. They help to keep themirror clean.The hardest part will be to make sure that the mirror mount is farenough away from the laser to get the beam to go directly up through the smalltube in the corner. Sort of similar to our existing periscope. otherwise itshould be pretty straight forward.
    James